Put about 100 bricks in some particular order in a closed room with an open window. Then send 2 or 3 candidates in the room and close the door.
Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours and then analyze the situation.
- If they are counting the bricks, put them in accounting.
- If they are re-counting them, put them in auditing.
- If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in engineering.
- If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in planning.
- If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in operations.
- If they are sleeping, put them in security.
- If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in information technology.
- If they are sitting around doing nothing, put them in human resources.
- If they say they have tried different combinations, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in sales.
- If they have already left for the day, put them in marketing.
- If they are staring out of the window, put them in strategic planning.
And then last but not least.
- If they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in upper management!