Huh? What were the authors of these newspaper articles really trying to say?
- The burglar was about 30 years old, white, 5′ 10″, with wavy hair weighing about 150 pounds.
- The family lawyer will read the will tomorrow at the residence of Mr. Hannon, who died June 19 to accommodate his relatives.
- Mrs. Shirley Baxter, who went deer hunting with her husband, is very proud that she was able to shoot a fine buck as well as her husband.
- Organ donations from the living reached a record high last year, outnumbering donors who are dead for the first time.
- The dog was hungry and made the mistake of nipping a 2-year-old that was trying to force feed it in his ear.
- We spent most of our time sitting on the back porch watching the cows playing Scrabble and reading.
- Hunting can also be dangerous, as in the case of pygmies hunting elephants armed only with spears.
- This Is Why We Can’t Have Funny Headlines (A Poem) (theawl.com)
- Life imitates art that makes people laugh; Life nearly as funny (patryansblog.com)
- Op-Ed Headlines in Newspapers (volokh.com)
People find this daily clean joke when they are looking for ambiguous articles, ambiguous newspaper articles, ambiguous news articles, ambiguous jokes and short jokes.