- Preheat oven, get out utensils and ingredients.
- Remove blocks and toy cars from table.
- Grease pan, crack nuts.
- Measure two cups flour.
- Remove baby’s hands from flour, wash flour off baby.
- Remeasure flour.
- Put flour, baking powder, salt in sifter.
- Get dustpan and brush up pieces of bowl baby knocked on floor.
- Get another bowl.
- Answer doorbell.
- Return to kitchen.
Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled.
I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 A. M. but I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.
A farmer and his wife had just woken up one morning to the crowing of their rooster.
While still in bed, the farmer’s wife said, “Pa, you know our neighbor, Mr. Brown?”
“Yes, Ma, I reckon I do,” replied the sleepy farmer.
“Well, every morning, before he leaves the house for work, he gives his wife a big ol’ kiss. Why don’t you ever do that?”