- Preheat oven, get out utensils and ingredients.
- Remove blocks and toy cars from table.
- Grease pan, crack nuts.
- Measure two cups flour.
- Remove baby’s hands from flour, wash flour off baby.
- Remeasure flour.
- Put flour, baking powder, salt in sifter.
- Get dustpan and brush up pieces of bowl baby knocked on floor.
- Get another bowl.
- Answer doorbell.
- Return to kitchen.
This guy wanted a parrot who talked. He asked the pet store manager if there was a bird who was already speaking. The manager directed the guy to a bird by the window. “This bird has a vocabulary of 1000 words and another 50 phrases that would fit most occasions.”
The guy bought the bird and took it home.
Next day, the guy was back in the petstore to complain. The bird hadn’t said a word.
It was thunderstorm season and when the power went out at one branch office, the uninterruptible power supplies kicked in, everything gracefully shut down, and the technician waited for power to return, and waited and waited.
“Late in the evening, the power was finally restored and we went about bringing the network back to life,” said the tech.