A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand. He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up. In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.
10. Samson! Get your hand out of that lion. You don’t know where it’s been! (Judges 14:5-8)
9. David! I told you not to play in the house with that sling! Go practice your harp. We pay good money for those lessons!
8. Abraham! Stop wandering around the countryside and get home for supper!
7. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! Leave those clothes outside, you smell like a dirty ol’ furnace!
10. “Did anyone think about bringing a couple of umbrellas?”
9. “Hey, there are more than two flies in here!”
8. “Wasn’t someone supposed to put two shovels on board?”
7. “Okay, who’s the wise-guy who brought the mosquitoes on board?!”
6. “Help! I need some Pepto for the elephants, QUICK!”
5. “Don’t make me pull this ark over and come back there!”